The proposal!

I just had an unbelievable weekend, Thierry proposed in front of our family and friends at his "surprise birthday party". I had been planning this birthday for the past few weeks but he was plotting this whole scheme with my dear friend Marie-Christine, who acted as a double-agent. She was pulling mind jitsu on me and coaxing me to do this and that in order to pull off his surprise birthday party/proposal.

After walking in the restaurant and having everyone "surprise" Thierry, we ate a wonderful meal and watched Thierry and his little sister receive their birthday cakes. Shortly after that, Marie-Christine got up to make a speech, covered my eyes, and had me open them to a cake that read "Amal will you marry me". My reaction was priceless, with an instant flat line which transformed into a hyperventilation, and then into the ugly cry. While I'm sitting in my chair freaking out and having my back to Thierry, he was down on one knee. My friend Claudia is in the background yelling, "Amal, turn around!", and I replied "No!", thinking I would probably pass out. I finally did turn around, he asked me the million dollar question, I hugged him, shook my head yes, and cried some more. Again, priceless.





I've been since that day walking on clouds and singing in the rain.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...