Salsa, Frijoles with Tacos

I don't know why, but on Sundays I like to make taco's, not the authentic Mexican taco's, but the cheapo TexMex taco's. I love me some TexMex food. Cheese, and salsa, and Gaucamole, and spicy meat, and tortilla's! Delicious. Over the weekend, I made tacos and here is my version of the Mexican dish with salsa fresca and frijoles (refried beans).






SALSA FRESCA
3 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
Salt and Pepper, to taste


Mix all the ingredients together. Voilà!





PEDRO'S FRIJOLES

1 can of black beans
1 onion, chopped
2 tbs of canola oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Drain the beans but preserve all the liquids. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions. Cook the for 5 minutes. Add the beans and 1/2 cup of the liquid that was preserved from the can. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until the beans start to burst and are soft. With a potato masher, press the beans. For a thinner consistency, add more liquid.


Serve with your choice of meat over tacos or tortillas.


Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...