Mademoiselle de Casa

I'm definitely biased when it comes to Moroccan design being that my parents are from Morocco. I love everything that symbolizes that particular design and architecture. There is something beautiful in the way the homes are designed and decorated. The homes tend to have a magical indoor garden, rich, colorful fabrics, detailed tile work and the wood furniture is usually beautifully handcrafted with incredible details.What I personally love is that there is a tendency for minimalism. There is a little amount of furniture and decor but the bold colours and patterns balance it out.




The designer Antony Todd designed this living room. I think its a perfect example of Moroccan design. The low seating, the bare necessities and the bold colour on the wall makes the room modern with a Moroccan influence.


If you ever plan on travelling to Morocco I suggest strongly to stay in a Riad which are Bed & Breakfast's. They are beautiful homes that have been modified to accommodate travellers. Here's a look at the Riad Al Mendili in Marrakesh.






Photo credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...