Wedding ETIQUETTE

I'm not an etiquette queen but I have certain notions of proper behavior and demands that must be respected for weddings. I just happened to fall on an invitation that was sent to my other half. I read it carefully, knowing that some people like to insert an unconventional cover charge in order to attend. But, to my surprise the entrance fee was crossed out. I'm assuming that the future bride and groom decided not to charge us for their wedding. Thank god, since we have made an agreement not to attend weddings with a price tag written on the invitation. But wait, it's not finished....

I read a little more and find the number of guests was filled out with a big #1. WHAT????? ARE YOU SERIOUS?????

If there is something that annoys me about weddings is a cover fee. I can complain and argue about this inappropriate concept but to cap the invitation to a maximum of 1 person is just wrong. It spells out "I didn't want to invite you to my wedding but I had to since I work with you/you're my cousins grandmother/we used to be neighbours in 1952/we bring our pet ferrets to the same vet". You get the point.

2 comments:

  1. Well I have to say something about that... Tout dépend de la nationalité parce que j'ai dû faire ça pour mon mariage afin d'éviter d'avoir le 8ieme voisin du 4ieme lac à gauche du village d'enfance de la grand-mère de mon beau-père!!! LOL But I have to agree with you on one point... if you know that the person you're inviting has a other half, you can't just decide not to invite that person... so if you are to cap the number of guests... YOU PUT 2...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. Thanks for clarifying your distant relatives.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...