Tourtière

My cousin called me the other day and put us to the challenge. Make tourtière, a French-Canadian meat pie that is classic dish during the holidays. And I love me a tourtière so I was down. I put my research skills to the test, found some recipes that seemed pretty easy and put our cooking skills to test. We added our personal touch with a little extra spice here and there. Our pies came out perfectly and were uber delicious. *I will definitely be re-making this recipe during the holidays.



TOURTIÈRE

1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1/2 lbs of veal
2 tbs of olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of sage
1 tsp of thyme
1/8 tsp of ground cloves
A dash of cinnamon
1 egg
Ready made pie crust




1. In a pan cook heat the oil and cook the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the ground beef and veal until browned.
2. Add all the spices and cook for another 15 minutes. Let cool.
3. Preheat over at 375 degrees. In a 9 inch pie dish, place the crust and fill with the meat. Cover with more crust and paint slightly with egg wash. Cut holes in the top crust in order to let the steam out. Cook in the over for 45 minutes.


Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...