Paella

I found out this week that Thierry's favourite dish is paella. I was under the impression, after all these years, that his favourite meal was something completely different. Oops! So I put on my gloves, pulled out a recipe book straight for Spain and made what I think is my best meal yet. And it was approved by Thierry, and his brothers and sisters, Cénécia, Hervé, Charles and Kerianne.




PAELLA
What you'll need:

8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1 inch pieces
2 tbs of olive oil
5 oz squid, pre-cut into rings
2 plum tomatoes, peeled, and diced
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 tbs of fresh parsley
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbs paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup of rice (I use basmati)
2 cups chicken stock
8 oz medium shrimp, deveined
1 cup frozen peas

1. Heat oil in a deep pan. Cook the chicken until brown (approx. 5 minutes). Add the squid, tomatoes, and peppers and cook for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a mortar, grind the parsley, garlic, and paprika and add the mix to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the rice, stock, shrimp, and peas. Stir, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve immediately.

Buen apetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...