TO BE OR NOT TO BE...selfish

it starts as a little get-away and ends up being somewhat regrettable. yes, i said it. being with family can sometimes be undesirable. don't get me wrong. i love my family but sometimes they can be too much. too loud, too nosy, too crazy. i have the luxury of living miles and miles away from my siblings and my parents but when i see them, a day is never enough. i usually have to spend more than 24h with them for it to be considered a visit. so what do i do? do i visit on a 6 month interval or do i cut the time to a maximum of 8 hours per visit. neither being good enough for my family. vat to do, vat to do?

i always thought i was unselfish but my special someone keeps reminding me that i have selfish moments. i don't recognize them as being selfish until he spells it out for me,"that was selfish". to my family and friends, i hope i don't show this poor quality so i will have to be discreet in my selfish moments. you know, the moments where my sanity comes before anybody and anything. from now on i will give myself me-time and enjoy saying no.

2 comments:

  1. Stay as you are, that's how I love you ma chiclette!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx, MC. I guess we are always evolving and learning about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...